The Bookstore stocks the (new) 5th edition of Krugman & Wells.
Using the 4th edition is fine. The 5th ed substitutes a handful of boxes and updates graphs, but is otherwise virtually identical.
- Marc Levinson, An Extraordinary Time: The End of the Postwar Boom and the Return of the Ordinary Economy, Basic Books, November 2016. ISBN-10: 0465061982 (ISBN-13: 978-0465061983). The Amazon Prime price was $15.41 for the hardback (as of Jan 4, 2017) and is cheaper than the eBook. In Fall the W&L bookstore was $21.
- Paul Krugman and Robin Wells, Macroeconomics (5th ed.), Worth Publishers, December 2017. ISBN-10: 1-319-09875-4 (ISBN-13: 978-1-319-09875-9).
- Macmillan Krugman & Wells Macro takes you to the textbook page and HERE jumps you to the Macmillan student bookstore page. Their prices appear to be cheaper than Amazon or the price charged in Fall by the W&L Bookstore (which was $181.50 used).
- the Looseleaf gives you an eBook version that you can print
- the LaunchPad option includes an eBook. LaunchPad is useful for review, but we do not use it as a class.
- Sapling is a fairly sophisticated homework/quiz function, you actually have to think about many of the answers. If you find such tools useful, it's not a big cost increment, but again we will not use it as a class.